The world of commercial construction is rapidly evolving. New technologies and advanced materials are constantly being developed and implemented, changing the industry’s landscape. Developing a pre engineered steel building has been one of the most significant recent improvements. It’s estimated that the global market for steel prefab constructions will reach $24.53 billion by 2025, and it’s not tough to see why.
As more construction companies begin to see its benefits, this trend will likely continue to grow. It’s the right time to look at what steel prefab buildings are, how they’re being used, and why they’re becoming so popular.
What are Steel Prefab Buildings?
Prefabricated refers to constructing these buildings off-site in a factory setting. This is in contradiction to traditional methods, which involve creating structures on-site. Steel buildings are made from modular sections of steel that are produced in a factory and then transported to the construction site.
There are several perks of using this form of the construction method. One is that it’s much faster than traditional methods. They can be erected in weeks, whereas conventional buildings can take months or even years to construct.
Another advantage is that they are more consistent in quality. When new projects are constructed on-site, there’s a greater risk of errors and inconsistencies. All pre-engineered steel building components are manufactured in a safe and controlled environment, so there’s less room for error.
How It’s Used:
The uses for prefabricated steel structures are almost limitless. Some of them are:
- One everyday use is as warehouses or storage facilities. The vast, open spaces and high ceilings make them ideal. They can also be easily customized to add features like mezzanines or office space.
- Another widespread use for this pre-engineered construction is as a garage or workshop. The straightforward span design means no support beams, so you can have wide open spaces for working on vehicles or other projects.
One can also use them for office space and even homes. They are becoming increasingly popular as an alternative to traditional stick-built homes. For many people, they offer a more affordable option that can be built relatively quickly.
Why It’s Becoming so Popular:
Did you know that the average cost of a steel prefab building is 20-30% less than the cost of a traditional stick-built structure? That’s only one of the reasons why this construction is becoming so popular. Now, many commercial builders are turning to prefab materials for their projects.
There are several unknown reasons why prefab steel buildings are becoming the preferred choice for commercial construction projects:
- Speed of Construction: It can take months to build a commercial structure with traditional construction methods. However, with prefab buildings, the time is cut down significantly. This is because they are constructed in a factory setting and assembled on-site.
- Cost-Effective: The reduced construction time means that prefab buildings are more cost-effective than traditional ones. In addition, their use is very efficient and results in less waste.
- Increased Safety: Because prefabricated structures are built in a factory setting, on-site mishaps are less likely. Steel also makes a more robust construction less likely to be damaged in severe weather.
- Environmentally Friendly: The study of Life Cycle Assessment shows that steel constructions have a smaller carbon footprint than the traditional method. This is because it is recycled and reused more than other building materials.
Contact a reputable prefab building company to get started if you consider this type of construction for your next project. This way, you can ensure that your project will be completed on time and within budget.