It’s no secret that if you want your b2b lead generation to be successful and effective, it should be diversified. Effective prospecting strategies include but are not limited to:
- A website optimized for efficient lead generation
- Landing pages
- Online adviser-search platforms
- Organic prospect lists
- Referral programs
- Email outreach
- Social media marketing
As for the last item on the list – social media marketing – it definitely includes producing high-quality and engaging content. But also it gives you ample opportunities in staying in touch with your target audience and mining them for ideas, immediate response, and analytical data.
If you are well aware of the power of social media for any business, including b2b, you have most likely started your company’s accounts in various social media and have developed some scale of social following. But do you truly invest your time and resources into growing your Facebook or LinkedIn profiles? Do you know that thriving online communities participate in b2b lead generation?
Nowadays customers turn out very willing to hang out online with b2b companies as much as with their favorite bloggers and friends. Customers like to browse Instagram highlights or ask their questions in comments under a Facebook post. Not to mention LinkedIn was created as a b2b marketing platform. Many marketers now know that adding a branded online community at least to one social media platform will increase customer trust and bring them new b2b leads.
Where to generate B2B sale leads on social media?
Online communities are great for contributing to the total pool of b2b sale leads from all lead generation channels. Companies can gather people in their brand accounts, like a Twitter account or an Instagram page, to discuss issues they are interested in following.
But a Facebook group or a Google community offers more leeway in the ways of discussion and has less distraction from b2b topics than personal accounts. Here’s a list of platforms to consider if you want to build an online community:
- LinkedIn Groups. LinkedIn emerged as a business-oriented social media platform created to help users enhance their professional connections. Having your company’s group, you can start professional topics and cover subjects linked to your product and services. Many people know LinkedIn as a place where each can upload their professional resume and expand their network of professional contact.
- However, LinkedIn can be used for generating visibility for your business. Just using LinkedIn search and LinkedIn sales navigator, businesses can supplement their lead generation efforts with fresh b2b sale leads. Lead generation companies routinely use LinkedIn to expand their network of contacts and extend their credibility.
- Facebook Groups. It’s the world’s most popular social media platform. Joining a Facebook group is easy because most people are likely to have a Facebook account. Once a group is large enough, users get into communication with each other and provide value to it. At that, you can create a group with interests larger than your product.
- For example, Krisp, a noise-canceling app, created a Facebook group where users share productivity tips, books, and tools whereas Clickfunners, a funnel-building software, created a space to discuss digital marketing in general. Build a community centered around something relevant to the users rather than your product per se.
- Clubhouse. Are you surprised that even Clubhouse can be put to use and help you get leads? Most people are yet to discover Clubhouse for business purposes. Indeed, it has a limited range of content-making tools: it doesn’t store any information. But that’s exactly what makes Clubhouse so exciting to use.
- Businesses and corporations – which by that time have learned the hard way how one tweet can kill one’s career – can now use Clubhouse as a social media platform for open communication and active discussion without negative consequences. In fact, use Clubhouse to build credibility and strengthen relationships with your prospects. One nuance though, you need to be a well-trained speaker to make the most of your Clubhouse rooms.
How to Build an Online Community Effectively?
Use two major principles of building an online community and people will come to you in no time.
- Valuable content. Creating valuable content is the foundation of any community building. You’re not always required to produce all content on your own. The essential thing is that your content should be relevant to your audience’s interests and needs. Partner with bloggers and celebrities. Post news and ask questions. Run challenges. Involve users and customers in creating content exciting for them. Update with the latest trends in your niche.
- Engagement. Great engagement is created and maintained once you get out there and start communicating with people in your community. Respond to your community members’ comments. Use and create relevant hashtags. Participate in other communities and answer people’s questions in forums, giving a link back to your community.
Should You Use Lead Generation Companies?
You may. It is true that lead generation is getting no easier with time. However, if you feel you have too much on your plate to stay afloat, outsource the cultivation of some lead sources at least. If you feel confident in doing your social media marketing and online community building, hire a lead generation agency for email outreach and cold email campaigns.
Once you find a trustworthy and professional lead generation agency, you can rest assured that your prospects will not get bombarded with spam under your name. In fact, your email ranking will increase because proven professionals use a wide range of tools and software to address typical issues of digital marketing. At Belkins, we developed an email spam checker, Folderly, that improves email deliverability.
Let’s quickly recap why your company should build online communities?
Although SEO methods remain valid, Google is relentlessly working on reading social signals and ranking searches based on engagement rather than keywords or perceived usefulness. Your brand’s online communities will provide you with social proof that what you do is valuable and relevant for people at large.
Branded online communities are a powerful source of trust and engagement between the public and b2b companies. After all, set yourself apart from your competitors by sparking authentic conversations in your community. Make sure your business is part of an important overarching narrative.
As a b2b company, you can always buy b2b leads and ensure your sales funnel is brimming with qualified leads. However, building online communities are essential for creating connections with your audiences. Let your online voice sound far and wide and attract like-minded people.
Read also: Celebrity every day fashion ideas 2021