Spending important years of our life away from home and loved ones give us an experience of a lifetime. These years develop us in becoming responsible from carefree teenagers. So it’s important to socialize and network in a new environment with new people. And what better way would be to break the ice than hosting a collage dorm party?
Your dorm room is the new home where you will be living for the next 3 to 4 years of your campus life. So in a way, it’s your home and a dorm party is the house warming or house welcoming party. You invite others to mingle with them and make new friends.
Before Collage Dorm Party
A collage dorm party is for everyone on the campus. It isn’t restricted to students from the same faculty or batch, but for everyone at the college. With such a huge headcount, it becomes difficult whom to invite and how to organize a good collage doem party. Usually, fancy decorations at the ambiance are not of much importance. However, you need to have good music, food & drinks and some game activities for fun. It is a good idea if you can have some theme-style parties to make it more exciting.
- Set the Rules: It’s your party and you get to set the rules. Being the host you take charge of all arrangements for the party, so you get to decide how your party will be. Having a group formed, things can be organized much better as specific duties will be assigned to each. Don’t panic if not everything goes as per plan, just go with the flow. As the host, you must greet your guests, mingle with them and check up on them occasionally. Introduce them to each other and get them acquainted well. This will make them more easy and comfortable to enjoy the party and make new friends around.
- Guest List: Prepare your list of guests whom you want to invite for your collage dorm party. If you want to have the party in your room itself, your guest list will be rather short accommodating to the venue available. But if you have more guests to invite and have the budget to spend, you can invite your friends, classmates, roommates, dorm neighbors, and resident planners (advisors). To invite your guest, reach out to them personally or on WhatsApp or Facebook group posts. Take special note of inviting your dorm resident advisors and neighbor to avoid any dispute for throwing a party. Befriending them before your party is a good bet!
- Theme Party: It will be a good idea to have a theme attached to your collage dorm party to make it stand out and exciting. You can go for themes like Halloween’; ‘sports’; ‘fashion’; etc. You can form groups for couples or boys and girls depending on these themes. Do keep things simple and not complicated or monotonous.
- Maintaining cleanliness: While the party is still going on, food be spilled and trash is thrown around. So do keep tissues and paper napkins handy at every corner possible to minimize spillage. Do direct politely your guests to use the washroom whenever needed and be considerate to dispose of their trash. Do assign your group members to clean up frequently to avoid the dirt being accumulated and stinking later on.
- Taking pictures/videos: While enjoying the moment, don’t forget to preserve memories for the future. Keep taking pictures and videos of your friends at the party. Ask someone to be in charge of this and capture the important moments for later.
At collage dorm party
- Venue: As the name suggests, a dorm party is held in the student dorm room. However, if this isn’t the case or the guest list is too long, it can be at other locations too. Moreover, if your dorm rules are against any kind of party, you will have to keep your party at some other location. This can be your college canteen/café; any other nearest café or a small cozy restaurant that can serve your budget. If you are hosting the party at your dorm room itself ensure that the room is clean and tidy enough for guests to feel comfortable.
- Music Playlist: A good collage dorm party can’t be a hit without good music. It is important to select the right kind of song playlist that will set the mood of your party. Usually, pop music, rock bands, jazz, and other such groovy, exciting songs. Prepare your playlist collection in advance and just play it at your event. If you are having a theme party, select music that is more relevant and closet to your theme. Having Karaoke is also a very good option at your party as more people can participate in it. Be mindful of the volume, not being a nuisance for others.
Food & Drinks:
Any collage dorm party is incomplete without food and drinks. Serving light refreshments, finger food snacks are just fine. You can go with chips, nachos, fries, pizza, and such options which are easy to serve and are not expensive either. For drinks, there are plenty of options to select from alcoholic as well as non-alcoholic ones. If you are serving alcohol at your party, you can have beer, wine, or some cocktails. If not, go with simple drinks like Coke/Pepsi, lemonades and juices, or other mocktails to entice your guests.
- Fun Activities: Organising some fun game activities is a good idea to not let a dorm party dull out. Go for more interactive and group activities or games that will involve large people to participate and are enjoying by themselves. Avoid activities or games that can become gender-centric or racial in any way. Some popular ones to choose from are ‘Spin the Bottle’; ‘Never Have I Ever’; and ‘Truth or Dare’. Make sure that these games are within their limits and in no way make fun of others. Another great idea is to play cards games.
Many collage dorm room party become a memorable experience of your campus life. But knowing limits and boundaries is also a key factor in not disturbing anyone’s peace.
Read als0: Canelo Fight Stream