Seychelles can be expensive compared to any other tourist destination. But there are also affordable options that can help you make this your favourite affordable tourist destination. If you are planning a stay in Seychelles make sure to go through all the pointers mentioned in this blog for your happy and affordable stay.
Why Seychelles Can Be Expensive?
Seychelles is expensive for multiple reasons but most importantly it is marked as an expensive tourist place because of accommodations and food. Seychelles plays a crucial role in the tourism industry. A major part of the economy depends on this industry as this place attracts high-end customers and honeymooners. Seychelles has one of the best resorts that serve outstanding services. This place is situated in a remote area and the cost of importing goods and services is quite high.
Accommodation Options in Seychelles
One of the most expensive things about Seychelles is the accommodation price. The prices of accommodations vary from person to person and their choices. Seychelles offers you a variety of places to stay from a five-star hotel to rented apartments you will get everything over there. Let’s look at the options deeply-
- Luxury Resorts and Hotels– Seychelles has one of the best resorts that serve amazing beach views. If you are not concerned about money then it might be difficult for you to choose the best out of it. The price per night in a 5-star hotel will cost you around 500 USD. Some resorts that you can check out are Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, Constance Lemuria Seychelles, and Banyan Tree Seychelles.
- Mid-Range Hotels and Guesthouses– Mid-range hotels and guesthouses have everything you need for a comfortable stay. Some of them also have beach access. These accommodations offer a comfortable stay with standard amenities such as air conditioning, private bathrooms, and breakfast included. They are moderately priced between 100 to 400 USD per night. Such hotels and guesthouses include- Coco de Mer Hotel and Black Parrot Suites, La Digue Island Lodge, and Le Repaire Boutique Hotel.
- Budget-Friendly Accommodations- They are the most price-friendly place to stay in. These accommodations include hostels, bed and breakfasts, and self-catering apartments. These places might not offer luxury but it’s best for travelers and people who love to meet new people on the road. The prices range from 50 to 100 USD per night. Some examples are Hostelling International La Plaine St. Andre, Villa Koket, and Chez Michel Self-Catering Apartments.
Food and Dining in the Seychelles
Another expensive thing can be Food and dining in the Seychelles. And the reason behind it is the importing cost of raw materials is very high in that region. But we got you covered folks. There are some options that can cut down on food expenses in Seychelles.
In Seychelles, the most affordable option for dining is trying out the local cuisine, with prices starting at around $5 to $10 USD per meal. Local dishes such as fish curry, grilled fish, and seafood dishes can be found at local restaurants and food stalls.
The second option is mid-range and upscale restaurants that offer international cuisine and local cuisine with a hint of luxury. They are mostly situated in hotels and resorts. The price ranges from 20 to 100 USD per meal.
The third option that you can opt for is supermarkets and self-catering options. This is the most affordable option out of the three. If you know how to cook then it’s the best option. You can make your own meal at a price of 5 to 10 USD. There are many accommodations in Seychelles that offer kitchen facilities too.
Transportation in Seychelles
Let’s dive into the transportation section. For transportation in Seychelles, there are plenty of services. For going from one island to another travelers can opt for domestic flights and ferries. Flights will be a little more expensive as compared to ferries. For flights $50 to $150 USD per person, depending on the distance and airline. For ferries, prices range from $10 to $50 USD per person, depending on the distance and the ferry company.
The Next option is taxis and car rentals, these are best for shorter distances within the islands. Taxis cost around 10 USD for shorter rides. However, car rentals are best for the ones who like to explore the island on their own with prices starting at around $40 to $50 USD per day.
The last option is Public transportation in Seychelles is limited, but there are bus services available on some islands. Prices for bus rides are affordable, with prices ranging from $0.50 to $2 USD per ride. However, bus schedules can be infrequent and unreliable, making them a less convenient option for travellers who want to explore the islands on their own schedule.
Activities and Entertainment in Seychelles
When it comes to activities and entertainment the first thing we look into is our pocket. the first question comes to our mind is Seychelles expensive to enjoy?
So the answer is Seychelles is for everyone, whether you are a pocket-conscious person or someone who doesn’t care about the budget. There are activities for everyone to do.
Here’s a list of things that you can try.
- Free and Low-Cost Activities- Activities like exploring the local markets, visiting the beaches, and taking a self-guided walking tour are popular options.
- Scuba Diving and Snorkeling- scuba diving and Snorkeling are quite popular in Seychelles due to their rich marine life, with prices ranging from $50 to $150 USD depending on various factors.
- Hiking and Nature Reserves– Hiking and exploring nature reserves are also popular options for travellers who want to experience the natural beauty of the islands. It’s totally free of cost.
- Spa and Wellness Services- these services are often available in luxury resorts and hotels with prices ranging from $50 to $200 USD per treatment.
When to Visit Seychelles
For all the budget-friendly people it is always good to not travel during peak season times. As the prices at that time are generally higher than the usual. However, the Shoulder season from May to June and September to November can be a good time to visit as the weather is generally pleasant and prices are lower.
Important Tips to follow while you are in Seychelles
There is no doubt that Seychelles is a little more expensive than most of the European countries. But, there are also ways to cut down those extra bucks that you are going to spend on this tour.
The first thing you can do is advance bookings of hotels and flights. It will help you save a crazy amount.
Secondly, choosing a mid-range budget-friendly accommodation with kitchen facilities will save a lot of money. Also, you can do self-catering over there and sometimes try the local cuisine instead of going to any fancy hotel for dining.
Lastly, do not forget to take advantage of free activities like visiting the beaches, exploring nature reserves, and attending cultural events can help keep costs down. Travellers can also consider purchasing a multi-day pass for public transportation or opting for a shared taxi to get around the islands.
Overall, prior planning of your trip and carefully accessing your wallet will definitely help you create a great itinerary for your trip to Seychelles.